- Delhi State Legal Services Authority established a fund called the State Legal Aid Fund and there shall be credited thereto-
- All sums of money paid to it or any grants made by the Central Authority for the purposes of this Act;
- Any grants or donations that may be made to the State Authority by the State Government or by any person for the purposes of this Act;
- Any other amount received by the State Authority under the orders of any court or from any other source.
- The State Legal Aid Fund shall be applied for meeting-
- The cost of functions referred to in Section 7:
- The cost of legal services provided by the High Court Legal Services Committees;
- Any other expenses which are required to be met by the State Authority.
Accounts and Audit:-
- DSLSA maintains proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts including the income and expenditure account and the balance sheet in such form and in such manner as prescribed by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
- The accounts of the authorities shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India at such intervals as may be specified by him and any expenditure incurred in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Authority concerned to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
- The Comptroller and Audit-General of India and any other person appointed by him in connection with the auditing of the accounts of an Authority under this Act shall have the same rights and privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has in connection with the auditing of the Government accounts and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Authorities under this Act.
- The accounts of the Authorities, as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon, shall be forwarded annually by the Authorities to the Central Government or the State Governments, as the case may be.
- The State Government shall cause the accounts and the audit report received by it under sub-section (4) to be laid, as soon as may be after they are received, before the State Legislature.
Delhi Victims Compensation Scheme-2011
Delhi State Legal Services Authority is disbursing compensation to victims as per direction of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi since September 2014 onwards. The Compensation awards made by secretaries of District Legal Services Authorities forward the order to DSLSA along with details of bank account of the victim through e-mail. On receiving the e-mail with bank particulars, the Accounts branch immediately process the award for payment through RTGS. The compensation amount shall be transferred to the account of a victim within 24 hours of receiving the award in DSLSA.