From time to time, DSLSA conducts Para Legal Volunteers Training Programmes for students, social workers, jail inmates, para medicals etc. Till 30th April, 2015, DSLSA has trained 2310 PLVs.
DSLSA has allocated 978 PLVs to its DLSAs for taking their services on rotation basis.This Authority is utilizing their services in Front Office, Counselling of Rape Victims, Lok Adalat, Legal Awareness Programmes at Legal Literacy Clubs, Scheme for Unorganized Sector and etc.
DSLSA has organized Para Legal Volunteers Training from the following Colleges/Departments:-
|1.||Law Centre-I, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi|
|2.||Law Cenre-II, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi|
|3.||Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi|
|4.||Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi|
|5.||Chandra Prabhu Jain College of Higher Studies and School of Law, Narela|
|6.||Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi|
|7.||National Law University, Delhi|
|8.||Social Workers from GRCs|
|9.||Jail Inmates in Tihar and Rohini Jail|
|10.||University School of Law & Legal Studies GGSIP University, New Delhi|
|11.||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi|
|12.||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi|
|13.||Gandhi Bhawan, University of Delhi|
|14.||Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi|
- An overview of Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987
- An Overview of Fundamental Rights & Duties under Constitution of India
- An Overview of Role, Duties & Qualities of Para Legal Volunteers
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 and Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000
- An Overview of Criminal Justice System; Disabilities Act, Right to Education Act, Consumer Protection Act, Right to Information Act, Public Distribution System
- An Overview of Civil Law & Courts; Law relating to Rent, Law relating to Labour and Motor Accident Compensation; Law relating to Construction Workers, The Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, Right to Education, Industrial Disputes, Law relating to possession, injunction etc.
- Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, The SexualÂ Harassment of Women at Work Place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, Matrimonial Laws, Laws of Inheritance, Adoption, Maintenance, Dowry Prohibition Act, Cruelty within marriage u/s 498 A of IPC of marriage and Dowry Death U/S 304-B of IPC.