Ms. Poonam A. Bamba
Name Ms. Poonam A. Bamba
Date of Birth 01st September, 1961
Place of Birth Delhi
- B.Sc. Botany (Hon.) Hans Raj College, Delhi University;
- LL.B, LL.M., Faculty of Law, Delhi University.
- Diploma in Administrative Law Indian Law Institute, Bhagwan Das Road, New Delhi.
- Practised as an advocate in Delhi District Courts and High Courts for about five years from 1983-1987.
- Worked as Law Officer/Deputy Chief Officer (Law) with Punjab National Bank and Central Bank of India, respectively from 1987 to 1996.
- Worked with Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Mumbai as Division Chief (Legal) and Joint Legal Advisor from 1996-2002.
- Also represented SEBI before Securities Appellate Tribunal, Mumbai, Bombay High Court and other courts in India.
- Joined Judiciary in Delhi Higher Judicial Services on 5th December, 2002.
- Worked as ADJ/Matrimonial Court at Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi (2003 to January, 2006).
- Worked as ADJ/Land Acquisition Court and also dealt with Appeals under the Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act, 1971, at Tis Hazari Courts, Delhi (January, 2006 to November, 2008).
- Posted as Additional Sessions Judge in Patiala House Court, New Delhi (November 2008 – February, 2010).
- Posted as Judge, Family Courts, Rohini (2010 to 2012).
- Worked as Additional Sessions Judge, Patiala House Courts, New Delhi and also dealt with POCSO cases (November, 2012 – April, 2013).
- Posted as Spl. Judge, CBI at Patiala House Courts, New Delhi (April, 2013 till 20th January, 2015).
- Posted as Principal Judge, Family Courts, South District, Saket, New Delhi (20th January, 2015 till 8th December, 2016).
- Joined as District & Sessions Judge, South East, Saket Courts, New Delhi w.e.f 8th December, 2016 till 30th April, 2017
- Joined as District & Sessions Judge, New Delhi at Patiala House Court w.e.f 1st May, 2017.
- A Trained Mediator and worked as Mediator.
-Authored Two Books:-
-Perfect Marriage- Not a Mirage
-Temple of Justice- A School of Life
- Was the Best Athlete of Law Faculty in the year 1983.
- A keen observer of life and nature and has special interest in dynamics of human relationship.